Sociological imagination and social promotion:
the category of “agapic action” to interpret the changes and to imagine new futures.
International Conference, University of Salerno (Fisciano-SA), 7-8 June 2018.
The Department of Political, Social and Communication Sciences of the University of Salerno and the Social-One research network, with the patronage of the Sociological Theories and Social Transformations section of the the Italian Association of Sociology (AIS) in partnership with 11 universities and research institutes in Italy and worldwide, promote the conference "Sociological Imagination and Social Promotion: the category of “agapic action” to interpret the changes and to imagine new futures”.
- The conference will be held at the University of Salerno (Fisciano, Salerno - Italy) on 7 and 8 June 2018.
- The aim of the conference is to investigate all the perspectives of analysis and action which have been raised by the members of the agapic action in the context of human and social disciplines with the hypothesis that the concept may offer new interpretations and perspectives of interventions for the promotion of a pluralistic society based on equality, inclusiveness and particularly dialogue.
- The conference is aimed at two categories of subjects: scholars, academics and researchers in social sciences; operators, educators, administrators and politicians who direct, plan and operate in the social context.
- The conference focuses on four areas, which will be analyzed both from the scientific and academic point of view within the panels (CALL FOR PAPERS), and from the point of view of action-intervention, through the collection of best practices, which will be exhibited within of the Social Expo (Dowload the CALL FOR SOCIAL EXPO).The areas are:·
1) Protagonist communities, sharing cultures and grassroots movements
2) Cooperation and dialogue in the field of macro-social actions
3) Relationships, inclusion and well-being in social policies
4) Plurality, dialogue and identity processes
· To attend the conference it is possible to participate in:
a) CALL FOR PAPERS. Dedicated to scholars, academics and social science researchers, the call for papers aims to gather contributions from reflection and empirical research on the 4 topics identified by panels, Contributions can use the category of agapic action in order to combine the analytic perspective with research / intervention perspective.
Click here to download the pdf CALL FOR PAPERS ESP (431 KB)
b)Participate in the SOCIAL EXPO. Dedicated to institutions, groups, public and private organizations, or even individual operators, educators, administrators and politicians who direct, plan and operate in the social context, the SOCIAL EXPO aims to show through divulgative posters how much imagination and social promotion there is on spread in territories and communities, focused on the 4 specific areas.
The Scientific Committee of the Conference, coordinated by Gennaro Iorio (University of Salerno), is composed of:
- CALLEBAUT BERNHARD – Istituto Universitario Sophia (Italy)
- CAMPANINI ANNA MARIA – Università di Milano Bicocca (Italy)
- HOCHSCHILD MICHAEL – Time-lab (France)
- MAGATTI MAURO - Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore di Milano (Italy)
- MARTINS PAULO HENRIQUE – Universidade Federal de Pernambuco - UFPE (Brazil)
- MONGELLI ANGELA – Università di Bari (Italy)
- MORA EMANUELA – Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore di Milano (Italy)
- ORTEGA SANTO PEDRO JOSE – Universidade Autónoma de Santo Domingo – UASD (Dominican Republic)
- RAMA RUDINA – University of Tirana (Albania)
- REMBIERZ MAREK – University of Silesia in Katowice (Poland)
- SALAS MARCELO – Universidad del Salvador en Buenos Aires (Argentina)
- WAGNER IZABELA – University of Warsaw (Poland)
- WIELECKI KRZYSZTOF - Cardinal Stefan Wyszynski University (Poland)
Composition of the Organizing Committee of the conference.
Click on the image to access the site